Did you know you’ll eat your way to lovely and unflawed skin? There’s a robust connection between what you eat and the way you look. With the proper foods, you’ll even reduce signs of aging like wrinkles, discoloration, and decreased elasticity. At the same time, intake of proper foods helps keep you healthy from within. A healthy body can always reflect healthy skin.
A diet is a vital prescription for healthy and vibrant skin. Foods that are high/more in antioxidants, like vitamins A, C, and E facilitate your skin and help in protecting and nourishing them.
I inculcate these foods in my diet:
- Olive oil: It is a good source of antioxidants like vitamin E, and essential fatty acids, which actually help delay the aging in a very beautiful way. You can apply olive oil directly on damp skin as an excellent moisturizer after taking a shower
- Spinach: This leafy green vegetable is wealthy in antioxidants together with potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, vitamins B, C, and E and omega-3 fatty acid that are great for the general health of your skin.
- Tomato: Tomatoes are the most effective source of the anti-aging antioxidant carotenoid. Carotenoid helps reduce inflammatory response to harmful UV damage, therefore protecting the skin from the damage owing to sun’s rays.
- Sweet Potatoes: Sweet potatoes contain a good quantity of vitamin C that helps in the production of collagen, a protein that reduces wrinkles and helps keep your skin nice and smooth.
- Papaya: Papaya is a wonderful source of vitamin C that helps shield skin cells against sun damage by promoting the repair of DNA harmed by ultraviolet rays. Papaya is also rich in the enzyme papain that helps nourish and support healthy skin by breaking down dead skin cells so that they slough off more easily.
- Nuts: almonds and walnuts are good for your skin
- Green tea: It is great for your skin as well as overall health. The polyphenols in leaf is extremely protective for cell membranes and has anti-inflammatory properties.